Card Courtesy Pay Opt-In/Opt-Out
What You Need To Know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to another account or a line of credit, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We will not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions without your consent.
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined
What fees will I be charged if Heritage Bank pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of $33.00 each time we pay an overdraft, up to a limit of five fees per day
($165.00), and we will not charge you a fee if your account is overdrawn by $5.00 or less on any given day.
What if I want Heritage Bank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card
If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, you can opt-in at account opening, call (859) 869-2999, visit our website at https://www.ourheritage.bank/Customer-Service, or visit your local Heritage Bank branch.
Please complete the following form to opt-in or opt-out of Card Courtesy Pay.
Include all of the accounts listed below to which I have ownership. (does not apply to savings accounts)